Destination D23 is headed back to Walt Disney World again this September, featuring panels and other exclusive fan events. Now some new functions have been announced for those unable to snag the coveted tickets, which are already sold out!
New 2023 Destination D23 Events
First off, if you can’t make it to the event this year, don’t panic. The entirety of the event will be livestreamed online on D23.com. So no matter where you are in the world, You can still experience the exciting announcements which come from these events.
Also, exclusively for D23 Gold members, a special shopping experience will be set up at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for those unable to attend the full event! Those attending will get first priority on shopping, of course, but D23 Gold members will still be able to pick up special merchandise from Mickey’s of Glendale, The Walt Disney Company Store, and the Ink & Paint Marketplace. Disney said more details will be announced soon for this experience.
2023 Destination D23
This year’s Destination D23 will celebrate 100 years of The Walt Disney Company. “Journey through every era of Disney,” D23 says, “as we venture back through the last century of storytelling and look forward to a limitless future for the company, and its most dedicated fans!”
Presentation Highlights of Destination D23 will include:
- See Disney archivists, historians, Imagineers, Cast Members, Disney Legends and luminaries in two days of programming worthy of the first century of Disney—and beyond!
- Join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro as he hosts a fun and entertaining presentation about what makes a Disney experience so magical and memorable for guests and fans around the world.
- Dial the clock back to 1923 and learn about Walt and Roy Disney’s Journey to California, and the earliest days of The Walt Disney Company—from the Disney Brothers Studio to the Alice Comedies, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, and how everyone’s favorite mouse became a superstar!
- Get weird with the Walt Disney Archives and experience 100 years of “Weird Disney” moments in the Centennial edition of a Destination D23 fan-favorite!
- Journey through Disney’s history of optimism and innovation with the people that are part of a rich history of storytellers and inventors, beginning with Walt Disney’s relentless optimism and innovative spirit, and leading us to some of the bright minds who are shaping Disney’s boundless future.
- Go down the rabbit hole to discover the “Disney you didn’t know” as the Walt Disney Archives uncovers some of the most astonishing Disney discoveries, connections, and little-known facts that will change everything—or at least some things—you thought you knew about the Disney universe.
Plus, more presenters, presentations, and activities to be announced soon!
Exciting Experiences at Destination D23 will include:
- A special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives and Walt Disney Imagineering celebrating 100 years of Disney.
- Mickey’s of Glendale—the Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise available for purchase. Trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through a RSP opportunity.**
- The Walt Disney Company Store—for the first time, D23 Gold Members on the East Coast will have access to a pop-up version of the official Walt Disney Company Store, featuring both employee and D23 member-exclusive merchandise! Please note that limited-edition trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees exclusively through a RSP opportunity.**
- Ink & Paint Marketplace—attendees will also have the opportunity to shop at this marketplace of exclusive Disney partners for exciting products from around The Walt Disney Company!