We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, December 2, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- After just over 30 years, Splash Mountain will close at the Magic Kingdom in late January.
- New concept art of Louis and the Animal Band for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure has been announced.
- We finally caught a full performance of “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration” at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
- Park hours have been extended at EPCOT on January 8, historically one of the slowest days of the year.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- We’re trying out the “Fantasmic!” dining packages at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, so naturally our first stop was 50’s Prime Time Cafe for a good old-fashioned homemade meal.
- Next on the list was Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano.
- And finally, we went all out with a dinner at The Hollywood Brown Derby, all to watch Mickey fight for his imagination!
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- A new collection of Norway Pavilion-themed merchandise has made port at EPCOT.
- The Disney 100 Platinum Celebration collection is on its way to shopDisney.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Florida legislators are reportedly working on a plan to reverse the repeal of the Reedy Creek Improvement District, which allows Disney to govern its own land.
- We have a full comprehensive guide of the holiday festivities at Walt Disney World!
- We have a full and comprehensive guide to the Festival of Holidays, ¡Viva Navidad!, and everything else happening this holiday season at Disney California Adventure!
- Aw, gawrsh! This year is Goofy’s 90th anniversary, so there’s some new apparel at Disneyland to celebrate his classic cartoons.
- There’s some retro-looking glitchy apparel themed to Disneyland itself also now available.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- We finally know when the last performance of “Dreaming Up!” at Tokyo Disneyland will be.
- Statues of Jake Sully and Neytiri have been installed in Lost River Delta at Tokyo DisneySea to promote “Avatar: The Way of Water.”
- Tokyo Disney Resort has announced its event slate for 2023, which seems to be another year of reduced and scaled-back events. Bright side — Splash Mountain Get Wet MAX! is coming back!
The Walt Disney Company
- Japan Airlines has partnered with Disney to celebrate 100 Years of Wonder with a special livery for domestic flights.
WDW News Today
Splash Mountain Closing FOREVER in 6 Weeks, Reedy Creek May Be Saved by Bob Iger – NewsToday 12/2
Festival of the Holidays Merchandise – Boxed In
Tom Ranks Every Pixar Movie – Marathon Show Special
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
Parks Exclusive FiGPiNs Drop into the Darkroom, True Love’s Kiss Spiked Milkshake Delights, Xandaria...February 16, 2022
Lights, Camera, Action! New Universal Studios Hollywood T-Shirts Now AvailableJune 21, 2022
New 50th Anniversary Tinker Bell Musical Figurine Flies Into Walt Disney WorldMay 7, 2022