We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, August 29, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- We finally spotted the Walt Disney World Railroad testing as its nearly four-year absence will soon come to an end.
- Testing is ramping up for TRON Lightcycle / Run, with the coaster testing today at one-minute intervals.
- Our August 22 photo report shows off Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique’s soft opening, “The Emperor’s New Groove” Dooney & Bourke Collection, World Princess Week treats, and more.
- Our August 25 photo report shows off new Haunted Mansion Ear Headbands, Snow White Disney Designer Collection Doll, Disney Reflections Mystery Pin Set, and more.
- Despite the attraction not even being open yet, the canopy of TRON Lightcycle / Run is already staining.
- Our latest photo report takes a look at the Kakamora taking over Journey of Water, Princess Tiana ears, a reduced menu at Connections, and more.
- Some of the Kakamora rock formations are now visible in the Journey of Water construction inspired by “Moana”.
- A few of our favorite items have already been removed from the Connections Café menu not even six months after it opened.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- We tried the returning buffet as part of Disney Junior Play ‘n’ Dine at Hollywood and Vine!
- We also couldn’t resist the Minnie’s Dine experience at Hollywood and Vine.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A man attempted to surf in a fountain at Disney Springs over the weekend.
- New popcorn buckets and sippers have been announced for both Walt Disney World and Disneyland for Halloween!
- Vans and Walt Disney World have come together to create a special 50th Anniversary merchandise line available now at the resort!
- Don’t miss the new Donald Duck Dooney & Bourke bags and Limited Edition MagicBand available now at the Magic Kingdom.
- We found a new Twilight Zone Tower of Terror bellhop keychain themed to the Hollywood Tower Hotel at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Are you ready for Halloween? Don’t miss the 2022 Halloween Spirit Jersey which popped in to the resort today.
- The Pirates of the Caribbean Loungefly backpack has finally made shore at Walt Disney World.
- If you want to add an artistic touch to your wall, don’t miss the Disney x Ann Shen poster calendar we found.
- There’s a slew of new Pandora: The World of Avatar merchandise available now at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We’re crazy about the new Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa-themed Loungefly mini-backpack we found at the same resort.
- Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World with new Rebecca Hook-themed necklaces.
- A Haunted Mansion t-shirt has materialized at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Excited for the 2023 Walt Disney World Marathon? We now have a look at the medals for the annual marathon!
- Repainting has finally begun on the Goofy driving-Disney Vacation Club billboard.
- Walt Disney World has officially announced the end date of The World’s Most Magical Celebration next year.
- We have a list of every single Halloween treat coming to the Disneyland Resort for spooky season!
- The giant Mickey pumpkin has returned to Town Square, and the character pumpkins are also back around the Partners Statue at Disneyland.
- Disney has opened a small retail kiosk in the Space Mountain extended queue in the former Starcade.
- Walls are up around the iconic Mickey floral at the Disneyland Main Entrance.
- An “Up”-themed Paradise Falls Spirit Jersey has arrived at the Disneyland Resort.
- This weekend, we found plenty of new Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout and other Marvel merchandise at Disney California Adventure.
- New Ghost ear headbands and other Halloween apparel also arrived at the resort this weekend.
- We confirmed finally that a Tangled round ride is headed to Walt Disney Studios.
Disney Cruise Line
- Vaccinated guests will no longer be required to get a pre-departure COVID-19 test before embarking on a Disney Cruise starting September 23.
Entertainment & Media
- Grammy-winning rapper Megan Thee Stallion is making her Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in “She-Hulk: Attorney at Law.”
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney Parks President Josh D’Amaro stated this weekend that the constant price increases and discontinuation of services at Walt Disney World are merely “the cost of progress.”
WDW News Today
We Give Our Predictions for Disney’s D23 Expo 2022, Genie+ News and Halloween Updates! – ParksCenter 8/28/22
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!