We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, August 1, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. is officially closed and the Space Mountain exit is relocated as part of the final phases on TRON Lightcycle / Run construction.
- Along with that change, we noticed even more walls in place and pavement work nearing completion on the upcoming coaster.
- A small correction has been made in a mural near Peter Pan’s Flight, changing “Indian Camp” to “Never Land Tribe” on the map of Never Land.
- Jack Skellington and Sally were out today testing meet-and-greets ahead of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returning next month.
- Performance times for “Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire” will be adjusted from August 12 at the Magic Kingdom.
- Our latest photo report from EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios shows off the launch of MagicBand+, new Toy Story Land apparel, and more!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A teenage girl was violently shaken by a woman in jean shorts and a leopard print shirt over a viewing spot for “Wonderful World of Animation”.
- The full cast has finally returned to “Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage” on Sunset Boulevard, marking the show’s full return to its pre-COVID state.
- The Key Lime Chocolate Chip Cookie has returned to Gideon’s Bakehouse for the month, so we stopped in to give it a try!
- One of Dok-Ondar’s sculptures from his eponymous Batuu shop is now available in mug form!
- The 2023 Walt Disney World calendar is now available!
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort Cast Members can take 50% off merchandise purchases through the month of August.
- The first Cultural Representatives to come back to Walt Disney World arrived in Florida today!
- All 50th Anniversary art has been removed from the Walt Disney World Store on International Drive.
- Now you can celebrate your favorite summertime treat with the scented Mickey Premium Ice Bar Loungefly ears we found at Disneyland.
- Speaking of ears, we also picked up a pair of white and gold Tiana-themed ears at the Downtown Disney District!
- We got to try the delicious fare at the Super Diner in Avengers Campus as well as learning about its surprisingly storied history!
Entertainment & Media
- A full trailer has been released for “Star Wars: Andor”, but its release date was pushed back.
- Lightning McQueen and Mater are back in “Cars on the Road”, which arrives September 8 on Disney+.
- Disney+, Hulu, ABC, and others will jointly present a special “Journey to Storytelling” pavilion at the D23 Expo next month.
The Walt Disney Company
- A new LEGO set designed like The Haunted Mansion is now available for purchase.
- There’s also now a smattering of Halloween merchandise now available on shopDisney.
WDW News Today
Peter Pan’s Flight Changes Begin, Another Fight Over Nighttime Show Viewing at Disney World – NewsToday 8/1
Full Guided Tour of The Disney Wish from Disney Cruise Line
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!