We bring you a lot of stories. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Weekly Recap for July 18– July 24, 2022.
Universal Orlando Resort
- A complimentary Revenge of the Mummy-inspired magnet will be available exclusively to Universal Orlando Resort Annual Passholders this summer as part of Passholder Appreciation Days 2022.
- Florida and Georgia residents can get a two-park, two-day Universal Orlando Resort ticket with a third day for free thanks to a new deal.
- Greetings from another beautiful day here at the Universal Orlando Resort. Let’s get going and see what’s new today around the parks in a photo report from July 17.
Universal Studios Florida
- The first set pieces for Halloween Horror Nights Scare Zones have gone up in the Hollywood area of Universal Studios Florida.
- New Halloween Horror Nights Scare Zone sets continue to appear in the Hollywood section of Universal Studios Florida.
- The remaining Classic Monsters Café sign has been removed from the building during demolition at Universal Studios Florida.
- Last April, the manufacturer of the Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon attraction at Universal Orlando Resort filed a lawsuit against the resort related to unpaid bills and unauthorized use of intellectual property. Now the lawsuit is being allowed to move forward, with Universal’s motion to dismiss denied.
- We recently discovered a new set piece with the name “Nettlewoods Cemetery” on the streets of Universal Studios Florida.
- Celebrate the 40th anniversary of one of Universal Studios’ most iconic movies, “E.T. The Extraterrestrial,” with a magical new snow globe.
- The Dress-A-Minion has arrived at Universal Studios Florida just a few days after the Universal Studios Hollywood debut.
Universal CityWalk Orlando
- We caught this hatching Velociraptor egg popcorn bucket at the Universal Studios Store in CityWalk.
- A fight broke out at Universal CityWalk Orlando last night, escalating into an active shooter scare.
- Guests can prepare for the winter season by adding this rainbow Love is Universal Windbreaker to their wardrobe.
Universal Studios Hollywood
- The Jupiter’s Claim “Nope” set will open at Universal Studios Hollywood as part of the Studio Tour on July 22. Certain blockout days in the weeks after have been cleared from the calendar so Pass Members don’t have to wait to experience the set.
- Universal Studios Hollywood guests can now dress up their own Minions plush with the new “Dress-A-Minion” collection.
- A new popcorn kiosk has opened outside the Studio Store in the Lower Lot of Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Yoshi and Pokey figures have moved into Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood, which is currently under construction.
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen is coming soon to Universal CityWalk Hollywood. The chocolate restaurant’s steampunk exterior is slowly coming together as construction progresses.
- More new “Jaws” apparel has swum into Universal Studios Hollywood. We found this tank, tee, and sweatshirt at the Universal Studio Store Upper Lot.
- “Nope” apparel, and a Jordan Peele Funko POP!, are available in the park.
- A new ball cap and snow globe celebrating the 40th anniversary of “E.T.” are now available at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- t seems like there’s a Been There mug from Starbucks for just about everywhere now, and Universal Studios Hollywood is getting in the mix with a special mug and plastic tumbler dedicated to the park.
- The Jupiter’s Claim “Nope” set has officially debuted on the World Famous Studio Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- The new Starbucks in Universal CityWalk Hollywood has opened!
- Bingo! A new Loungefly mini backpack featuring Mr. DNA from “Jurassic Park” is now available at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- “Jurassic World” merchandise continues to stomp into Universal Studios Hollywood this summer. We found a new cup, mug, youth apparel, and Velociraptor figure at Universal Studio Store Upper Lot this week.
- In addition to all the other new Minions merch at Universal Studios Hollywood, Beams released a new line of apparel featuring classical art defaced by Minions earlier this year.
Universal Studios Japan
- Fear is back at Universal Studios Japan as they’ve revealed their full Halloween Horror Nights slate for 2022, the first fully-realized event since 2019.
- As part of the annual Cool Japan event, Space Fantasy: The Ride at Universal Studios Japan is typically overlaid with an anime-themed virtual-reality coaster experience, with the “Attack on Titan” version returning this year after playing at the ill-fated 2020 event. But Universal Studios Japan has faced issues with the attraction and decided to close it five weeks ahead of its scheduled end date.
- Since its 2018 debut, “Jujutsu Kaisen” has exploded in popularity as both a serialized manga and anime series. And as Universal Studios Japan continues to pursue limited-time attractions with popular Japanese properties, they’re partnering with the popular series to bring the first-ever “Jujutsu Kaisen” theater attraction to the park this September!
- Universal Studios has filed an interesting patent titled “Edible soft robotic systems and methods” for edible inflatable objects.
Man Breaks Into Universal Restaurant & Pours Himself a Drink, Edible Robot Parts?!?
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Weekly Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you next Sunday!