We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- The Main Street Confectionery at Magic Kingdom now has a 50th anniversary Cinderella Castle made out of “candy” on display in a window.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom is now serving brunch starting at 10:00 a.m. daily and we reviewed the new menu items.
- A portion of the road leading from the Magic Kingdom parking lot to the Transportation and Ticket Center has been repaved.
- Disney has notified the surrounding communities that fireworks testing will be conducted overnight at the Magic Kingdom tomorrow, April 7.
- Imagineer Zach Riddley has shared another look at the Wonders of Xandar Pavilion, including our first close-up look at the tap point or “tapstiles” for the attraction’s Lightning Lane.
- D23 has just announced the Gold Member preview event for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT on May 15.
- New directional signage has been installed in the former Innoventions breezeway, which feature the new EPCOT neighborhoods and pavilion logos.
- A Connections Eatery sign has been added to one of the World Discovery entrances to the new quick-service restaurant coming soon to EPCOT.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The impending changes to Disney KiteTails at Disney’s Animal Kingdom may indicate that ground performers will no longer be included.
- The toy train in Chester & Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is running once again.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge has an updated menu with a few new dishes, so we swung by to try them out.
- The first items from the new Walt Disney World 50th anniversary EARidescent Shimmer collection have arrived at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom: a new Minnie ear headband and Loungefly mini backpack.
- New trinket trays inspired by the old lettered tickets of Walt Disney World have joined the 50th anniversary Vault Collection.
- With Walt Disney World currently celebrating its 50th anniversary, there’s been plenty of merchandise drawing on its past, and the latest addition is a shirt that features a familiar trio.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has earmarked 80 acres of land for a new affordable housing development in Central Florida.
- SunRail and Brightline are teaming up to extend the rail service through Orlando to Tampa, which would include the station near Walt Disney World.
- Along with much of New Orleans Square, the original Club 33 location in Disneyland is undergoing a refurbishment to add “sparkle and shine” ahead of the club’s 55th anniversary.
- Mr. Knight, one of the many identities of the main character of “Moon Knight,” will now be making appearances at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure.
- BaubleBar has released a new Minnie ear headband inspired by Princess Ariel of “The Little Mermaid.”
- A new tropical collection of Stitch-inspired merchandise has surfed into Adventureland at Disneyland.
- Earth Day is April 22 and Disneyland Resort is celebrating with some limited-time activities through the end of the month.
- Dress up your favorite Disney nuiMOs plush in one of these new princess-inspired outfits now available at Disneyland Resort.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The Toy Story Hotel has opened at Tokyo Disney Resort, and we are there for its first week of operation. Join us on a tour of our standard room.
- Today during the Annual Passholder broadcast, Disneyland Paris announced a celebratory chocolate bar with a “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”-style contest.
- “The Art of Disneyland Paris,” a new book, is coming in celebration of the resort’s 30th anniversary.
Entertainment and Media
- Three new posters and a new TV spot have been released for “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.”
WDW News Today
Cetus-Lupeedus! Our Review Major of Disney’s Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century – Deep in the Plus
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!